What is WordPress Hosting?
When you have a Domain name like (www.example.com) and you want the content of that domain to be visible to the Internet users, that’s when you need Hosting. Usually WordPress hosting provider allocates a certain amount of space in their Web Server, Cloud Server to store the content of your website, it means your website is getting hosted. This allows your website to go live and appear in search results.
What to look for when choosing your hosting provider?
Different Website has various needs. It largely depends on their content. Whether it’s an online store like Amazon or a simple Blogging website, everyone has different content and functionality hence they look for different hosting solution but one thing is common; everyone looks for a reliable, highly available, secure & hassle-free hosting. The key things any business needs in a web hosting are
But apart from the above common things, you also need to look for :
- Hosting provider has global data centers.
- Data centers are SSAE-16 compliant.
- Administrator support available for platforms like Linux & Windows.
- Fully managed hosting available or not.
What is WordPress hosting?
WordPress hosting is optimized for WordPress sites only. Thus wordpress hosting has limited functionality and specific optimization whereas any other web hosting is more generalized service. A web hosting will cater to a wide range of site builders. The websites stored on one of their servers may be operating on thousands of different platforms.
WordPress is a free and open-source content management system written in PHP and paired with a MySQL or MariaDB database. Features include a plugin architecture and a template system, referred to within WordPress as Themes- Wiki. But when it comes to wordpress hosting, it’s just not enough when you begin to grow in the online industry, when you actually require added functionality, speed and backup for your most valuable content on the host server. When you have a growing traffic to your website or when you run a online store where you sell your products or services, it needs high reliability.
Five most popular hosting plans :
- Shared Hosting – When you use a shared hosting plan, your website will share hosting with other clients on a single web server. This is a cheaper option and hence a choice for beginners, who do not expect much traffic to their website.
- Virtual Private Servers – A VPS hosting is similar to a shared hosting but in here you will be provided with dedicated space, RAM & CPU. Which means you will have better functionality of your website in terms of speed and reliability. This is a plan of choice for those who wants higher control but has a lower budget.
- Dedicated Server – It’s a kind of hosting where you have full control on the customization and configuration of the server. It allows you raw computing power. Highly reliable as no other client shares on the same server, hence their actions do not have any effect on yours. It is best options for those who are looking for abundant traffic, high reliability & guaranteed uptime even during traffic congestion. Dedicated servers have the highest level of resource allocation. It is best for businesses and we don’t recommended to individuals. These are costly plans as compared to shared or VPS. With dedicated hosting you do not have to worry about DDoS attacks trying to bring down your site.
- Cloud Hosting – This is relatively new type of hosting. This makes website accessible through cloud resources. It is not like traditional servers where everything is on a single server, rather this is a huge network of physical and virtual servers. We recommended it for those looking for greater flexibility & scalability.
- Managed WordPress Hosting – This is specifically for WordPress sites only, where the host manages and runs all the technical aspects of your WordPress site for you. Managed Hosting plans can be run across any of the hosting plans listed above as it offers optimum security, performance, and configuration.
Which plan you choose will depend on your budget, the amount of traffic your site receives, and how much help you want from your host in the running of your site.
WordPress is very popular as it powers 35% of world web development and according to our research, we came across two managed WordPress hosting provider who can be considered the best in this segment.
- Managed WordPress hosting Liquid Web
- Managed WordPress hosting Convesio
Both of them offers great features but Liquid web is comparatively cheaper than Convesio.
SPECIAL PROMO LIMITED TIME EXPIRING SOON
Liquid Web Dedicated Servers: Starting at $79/mo
There are some more amazing services provided by Liquid Web especially catered to the needs of online Business. Below Pricing are general pricing, for promo offer click above.
- Managed Cloud VPS : Starting at $35/month, offers fully managed hosting solutions for reliability and powerful root access.
- Dedicated Servers : Starting at $169/month, offers high performance and locked-down security for any website or application.
- Managed Cloud Sites : Starting at $265/month, public cloud hosting made quick & simple with predictable pricing and pre-configured solution managed for you.